We are passionate about inspiring more project-based activities into communities that want more discovery and exploration. We’ve done it through our own makerspace for five years and we are ready to help you in your own space. We can: train and mentor teachers, librarians and aides; assess and recommend equipment and materials with lessons. Our goal is to help you reach your next level and our services can be tailored based on the needs in your organization.
We feel that makerspaces enable students to get the following foundational skills:
- Passion for Learning: Who can predict accurately what will happen 20 years from now? But a “switched on” mind that loves to learn will always be able to understand, adapt and master new situations.
- Effective creativity: The ability to imagine innovative solutions to challenging problems, and understand how to build those solutions
- Teamwork and communication: The most important results are now delivered in team settings and this trend will only strengthen as global cooperation and competition grows..
- Problem analysis and solution: A critical factor for leadership and success
- Technology competence: Technology will continue to shape our world, so students must be able to understand and use it to create solutions and improvements
Makerspaces provide the environment that fosters project-based learning and enables the students in their learning.
We would love to help you inspire more student learning and innovating in your community.
|Over 5 years experience running a makerspace with a variety of ages||Knowledge of a diverse set of kits and equipment targeted for engineering and technology|
|Industry background to provide understanding of needs||Knowledge of processes needed to maintain your space|
|Able to train and mentor individuals that will manage or be with student makers||Have the support you need to jumpstart your makerspace|
|Investigate equipment and material options||Learn what works and doesn't in your makerspace before you buy|
|Get advice on how to manage your makerspace|